Multi-unit is a set of indistinguishable properties. The decision of which specific property will be rented lies in the hands of the property owner. A good example of a multi-unit property is a set of identical hotel rooms.
How to create a new multi-unit property in RU?
- Multi-unit properties must be located in a specific building. If you don’t have any buildings added yet, add a new one using the Add New Building button in the My Properties drop down menu.
- From Add New Building page you can add unit property by press button “Add Unit Type”.
- Once the unit types are filled, you can add a photo for your building. This is an optional step.
- Don’t forget to save your changes. You have to save each of unit types by clicking green buttons on the right side. Once that is done, click red button at the bottom of the page to save.
- You will see your building in the 'My Properties' view. When you expand the details, you will see the units for this property. You can edit building information at any time. From here you can fill the information for each units (edit) as if it was a non multi-unit property.
Is there a possibility to convert an existing property to multiunit?
To achieve this, you can create a new property by copying information from already existing one.
(my properties - add new property view)
In first step, at top of the page, expand multiunit options by clicking ‘show Multi-unit settings for serviced properties’. By selecting ‘Convert to Multi-unit’ checkbox you can assign this property to an existing building.
However the property will no longer have the same RU identifier. Please take into consideration that may influence on some integrations with PMSes.
There’s no possibility to detach units from multiunit property in order to create non multiunit property, however you can create a new one by exporting some information from the other ones.
Multiunit feature has introduced a new calendar in Edit view.
- In case of non multiunit property, there are only visual differences. The functionality is slightly extended. You can set the season by selecting the dates and status. In case of Available status, there are some new options. You can choose between standard and advanced plan. In case of standard plan, you can set for which days of week the price is applicable
In case of advanced, you can set different restrictions for each day of the week. Double click on checkbox is required to expand the options.
The other tabs in Price & Availability steps look the same as before. Once you save your restrictions, you can see (and edit) the seasons in calendar.
- In case of multiunit property, there are some new features in calendar view. Each cell in calendar has three rows. The first one is day of the month with daily price on the left side, the middle one is number of bookings and the last one is number of pendings. To add new to select dates and status. There are some new options, the same as discussed in non-multiunit property case. By selecting any status different from Blocked, you must specify number of units in building for which this period is applicable.
Once everything is saved, you will see the season in the calendar. By hovering on each of cells, you can see some basic statistics.