Highland Vision (Know Reservations) and Rentals United
Your properties have been pulled from your website (with Know Reservations installed) to Rentals United and are now ready to be connected to our Sales Channels. Any editing of the Property information should be done in your own site. Please bear in mind changes made directly in Rentals United will be overwritten in the next sync. Once you are connected to the sales channels, the property information will also automatically be pushed to the channels. When you receive bookings from the sales channels, they will automatically be inserted into Rentals United and then into your own site. If you want to add a new property to Rentals United/Sales channels then follow the instructions in the Know Reservations manual (http://support.knowreservations.com/user-guide/master/en/topic/manage-ru). If you need any additional help contact Highland Vision support via email (email@example.com) who will assist you with the sync from your own site to Rentals United. New Properties are usually pushed within 24 hours.
Property info editing/Adding new properties: Your site ➜ Rentals United ➜ Sales Channel
Reservations/Cancellations: Sales Channels ➜ Rentals United ➜ Your Site
If you would like to stop the synchronisation or customise your synchronisation between your site and Rentals United for some property information, please go to PMS Settings. Deselect the boxes that you wish to update manually in Rentals United and click Save. Now you can edit this property information directly in Rentals United. Please bear in mind that deselecting will be applicable for all your properties and future changes made directly in Rentals United will be overwritten in the next sync.
How Often is Property Info synchronised?
The following maximum synchronisation times are recommended by Highland Vision.
- Static Content (photos, descriptions etc) = Maximum once per hour
- Rates = Maximum once per hour
- Availability = Maximum once every 5 minutes
- Minimum stay = Maximum once per hour
- Full availability synchronisation = Once per day
NOT synchronised from Highland Vision to Rentals United
The following features are not pulled from Highland Vision to Rentals United. This means that you need to manually add these features directly in your Rentals United account.
- Length of Stay Pricing - Go to PMS Settings and deselect the Price feature box - Go to My Properties - Step 5 (Price & Availability) - Pricing - Advanced Options - Add it in Discounts: Length of Stay. Bear in mind by deselecting the Price box in PMS Settings this will no longer synchronise your prices from Highland Vision and you will have to update prices manually in Rentals United directly).
- Taxes - Go to My Properties - Advanced Settings - Select all or some properties - Edit Charges and Taxes - Add Taxes
Note: if net rates are used for any property in Know Reservations then the markup is included in the rates Know Reservations send to RU.
Before you can start connecting your properties to our Sales channels, you need to fill out
- My Profile
- Company Profile
- Payment Settings
In the upper right corner of your RU account you will find a drop down menu with My Profile, Company Profile and Payment settings. Please fill out the required fields and Click on Save.
For the Payment setting, Click on add Billing Method (if you have not already added this)
Due to security reasons, you will have to validate a certain amount taken from your account
Please select the correct currency (if your card is in EUR, you choose EUR, if it's in GBP, you choose GBP)
If you have any questions that we did not answer in the Help Centre, please submit your request/issue here